What’s on your self-care list?
No matter how much we accomplish, we feel we are just not doing enough.
If this resonates with you, you are not alone.
When my agribusiness clients call me for time management coaching,they seem startled when I tell them I can’t help them do more, because I don’t think that’s the answer.
What I will do is show them how to do more of what brings them joy and less of what drains them.
It’s about being kind to ourselves daily – giving ourselves the love and respect that we so freely give to others – regardless of whether we crossed everything off our to-do list that day.
We all deserve it.
What’s the one thing that you are not doing enough of that you would like to do more often?
Whatever this activity is, schedule time for it once a week for the next 3 weeks, just as an experiment.
And honour that appointment as you would any other (client,doctor, and dentist).
“Life is what happens
when you are busy
making other plans” -John Lennon
Make time for yourself and your life because if you don’t, who will?
It’s easy to get lost in all the chores that have to be done each day.
We all have busy lives and there’s never enough time in a day.
But a day turns into a week, a month, a year and before you know it, a whole lifetime.
Let’s not let the years pass without doing what matters most to us.
At the beginning of each month, before your calendar fills up, schedule time for your self-care activity once a week.
Here are some of my favorite self-care
activities to give you some ideas and get you
thinking about what you’d like to do:
• Take a walk
• Go for a bike ride
• Put your favourite song on and dance or close your eyes and relax
• Read for pleasure (novel, magazine)
• Listen to a book or inspirational speaker on CD/ipod
• Sit with a cup of specialty hot chocolate or tea
• Look at photos you took while on vacation
• Soak your feet in dishpan with marbles and Epsom salts
• Go for a manicure
• Write in your personal journal
• Call a friend and remind him/her how much you care about your friendship
• Spend some time on a hobby i.e. baking a pizza for yourself,no matter how imperfect it looks in the end.
• Pet your dog/cat
• Massage your feet or your temples with essential oils
•Give yourself a facial (use steam from a boiling pot with a towel draped over it)
•Browse through decorating books and dream
I encourage you to create your own list and put it on your bulletin board.
I hope you will share your ideas and/or success stories with our community by commenting below.
Just some random thoughts that came to my mind….©Profarms’ Random Thoughts®