If you are like me and living
the much-adored lifetime bachelor life – you need to enjoy it as much as you can.
Take this opportunity to be the
life of the party and the ladies man, all while being an all star at work and climbing the corporate or private business ladder at record speed.
Taking charge of your house and making it a home is an essential
part of defining yourself and can be a source of pride, which in-turn can bolster confidence.
In order to have the ultimate bachelor pad, you need to make sure you are equipped with the
following items that ensure you are prepared for just about any situation.
1. Ready-to-go playlists – You never know when the after party is going to end up at your pad, so it is always a good idea to have pre-made playlists
that are ready to go at the touch of a button.
Create a couple different playlists so that you can accommodate any mood.
Don’t forget to create a romantic playlist as well, just in case you end up entertaining a lady at the end of the night.
You never know what can happen, so it is good to be prepared.
Queuing up music without hesitation
will definitely keep the after party lively, making your pad the go to place after last call.
I’m a big fan of Spotify for this purpose.
2. A well stocked bar – Whether you are having a planned get together with friends or an impromptu gathering, you want to make sure that you have plenty of drink offerings for your guests.
Switch it up with some fine liquor, a few different wines,beers as well as a variety of water and soda for
those of your guests who’d rather not consume alcohol for whatever reason.
As long as you have a good variety, our guests will be happy and you
can count on a party that lasts well into the night.
Don’t forget to have plenty of options for the designated drivers in the crowd as well.
3. Good food – Make sure that your fridge is well stocked in addition to your bar.
If you have nothing but cold ready-to-eat steaks and potato chips, your
house guests are going to be looking for the closest fast-food joint before you know it.
Nothing makes a house a home like good food.
Even if you don’t cook, there are will be a plenty of volunteers within your circle of friends ready to help guys just like you who want to impress but lack the skills in the kitchen.
Stock up on appetizers, finger foods, and snacks and spreads to please the crowd.
Make sure you keep some high quality frozen foods for unexpected
4. Plenty of comfy seating – Even though you think your apartment is complete with your oversized leather recliner, it is a good idea to have
some extra seating available to accommodate guests in your home.
If you have the space, a nice
couch and loveseat set is the way to go.
This way you have the right amount of seating for any
Whether you are having friends over to watch the big game or you are hosting a date night at your place with that special someone, you
will have the appropriate seating options for everyone to be comfortable.
5. Movie Collection – Even if your guests are sitting around talking and not paying attention to what’s on the television, it is always good to have
something interesting on the screen. Make sure that your DVD or Blu-Ray collection is complete with critically acclaimed classics like The
Godfather or Shawshank Redemption.
Good movies are always great conversation starters.
Before you know it, you will have a room full of captivated guests who will be asking you to dim the lights and heat up the popcorn.
On a side note, if you are going to show off your movie collection, make sure you have a big screen TV
and surround sound speakers for people to fully enjoy their experience of the film.
Streaming solutions like Netflix, Roku and Apple TV make for space-saving and convenient alternatives as well,
but they lack the impressive aesthetic quality of having a large and neatly organized collection of
6. Candles and room fresheners – You don’t want people to walk into your house and be greeted with the unpleasant smell of your gym clothes
from yesterday’s beastmode workout.
You can avoid this awkward situation by making sure you have plenty of strategically placed candles and
room fresheners all around your apartment.
Stick with light scents that mask odors without
overpowering your senses.
Naturally, use different scents for different occasions at your discretion.
7. Extra towels and sheets -Sometimes your guests are going to invite themselves to stay the night, whether they are welcome to or not.
It’s best to be prepared by having an extra set of towels and sheets in the linen closet.
You will be able to offer your guests basic comforts, which
they will definitely appreciate and remember.
It may create a little more laundry for you, but would you rather have people sleeping directly on your leather couch or using your personal towels?
8. Coffee – Whether you need a strong cup of coffee in the morning or late at night after a fun evening
at the club, you should have a decent selection of coffee and tea available in your pantry.
With machines like the Keurig percolators, it has never been easier to have coffee and tea ready in case anybody wants a fresh cup.
Even if you don’t drink coffee or
tea regularly, you should make it available to anyone visiting your place.
It’s one of those little things that will make your house a home.
9.”Protection”-you never know when your date will invite herself to your pad on an “emergency” ‘I need to talk to you tonight excuse’.
Just be prepared,Man! Stock your bed’s side drawers with some latex for just this kind of “emergencies”.
10. A good blender-when you are alone and need to make a fast meal, you may need to blend all the different types of vegetables into one mixed broth for your spaghetti or pasta.
By following these tips on how to make your bachelor pad a comfortable place to bring your
friends or a date, you’ll soon be the lucky owner of a spot where everybody wants to be.
All it takes is a little thought and effort to make sure that you
have the needs of all your guests covered whenever they are in your home.
Just don’t make it too comfortable, or they might just never want
Just some random thoughts that came to my mind….